How do I prepare for my wax?
- Make sure the length of your hair is long enough, we need at least a quarter of an inch in length of hair (you should be able to pinch your hair with thumb and index finger) that's about 3-4 weeks of hair growth from the last time you shaved. Anything shorter, we may not be able to give you best results.
- Avoid caffeine 5 hours prior to waxing, caffeine restricts the blood vessels, which increases sensitivity. Take a Ibuprofen 1 hour before waxing, this will help with pain and inflammation.
What can I expect after my wax?
- Your hair follicles will be completely opened, it is important to avoid the following for 24 hours after your service. This will help to prevent bacteria from getting into the pores and causing infection.
- Hot bath/shower
- Excessive perspiration and friction (exercising/sex )
- UV exposure
- Tight clothing
- Deodorant (under arms)
- Makeup (facial waxing)
When shouldn't I wax?
- You are sunburned, irritated or have areas with open skin
- You are using Retin-A, Acutane, Renova, Differin or any other acne medications that thin the skin, this could lead to lifting of the skin when removing hair.
Can I wax if I am pregnant?
Yes, we wax pregnant women however you may be a little more sensitive due to hormones.
Can I wax while on my period?
Should I trim my hair before my appointment?
How do I prepare for my spray tan?
H.E.M Yourself Consistently! Hydrate, Exfoliate, & Moisturize. The key to a flawless spray tan is taking care of your skin long before you enter the studio. Our favorite shower pairing is Cetaphil Skin Cleanser with exfoliating gloves. These gloves ensure dead skin cells are removed leaving your skin smooth with a soft surface for your spray tan. You may also exfoliate with sea salt or sugar scrub. Coarse salt or sugar mixed with a body wash works well because most commercial scrubs contain oil, and oil prevents the tanning solution (Dihydroxyacetone, or DHA) from latching onto your skin cells. Lastly, keep your skin moisturized leading up to the day, but not the day of your appointment. We love Hempz Herbal Body Moisturizer (gloves and moisturizer available for purchase in store).
Shower, shave & exfoliate the night before (as described above) or at least the morning of your scheduled appointment (12-15 hours prior is optimal). Do not use any oil based or heavy products (lotions), cologne/perfume, deodorant, or make-up the day of your appointment on your skin prior to a sunless tan as the residue acts as a barrier cream to the active tanning ingredients.
Get your manicures and pedicures done before your spray tan.
Wear or bring loose fitting clothing for after your tan is complete. Preferably, no bras for at least an hour after tan.
What can I expect after my spray tan?
- The bronzer you see initially after the service is not your tan; it is a color guide. As your tan develops you may get darker in the 3 -10 hour developing time. This is the solution eveloping underneath. Please do not expose your skin to water, sweating or working out while your tan is developing.
For Original/Anti-Aging Tan treatment, we recommend waiting 8 -10 hoursbefore your first post treatment shower rinse.
For Express Tan treatment, we recommend waiting 3 - 4 hours before your firstpost treatment shower rinse (depending on how dark you would like to be).Leaving the solution on longer will make the tan become darker. Please makesure you do not keep our express solution on longer than 5 hours. TIP: The tan may take longer to develop in certain areas, so it is important to leave it on forthe full recommended time. You will see the true color a few hours after your firstshower. If you see any creases, marks or areas where the tan has rubbed off, DO NOT PANIC! This is just the color guide. This will even out after your first shower.
For your first shower, rinse with lukewarm water until the bronzer completely runsoff and water is clear. Do not use products and do not exfoliate. If you mustshave, do not press hard on the skin. Expect to be left with a lighter color thanwhat will develop over the next 24 hours or so. Use soap very lightly during yourshowers. Do not scrub your skin until you are ready to remove your tan. TIP:Best to use a fragrance-free, gentle, mild, simple cleanser. Our go-to is CetaphilGentle Skin Cleanser.
After your shower, pat skin daintily rather than rubbing it dry with your towel.Apply moisturizer when it’s still damp and at least twice daily. TIP: A plain lotion —free of fragrance, alochol, mineral oils, dyes and anti-aging ingredients— is best.We love Hempz lotion, coconut oil or a spray lotion, like Vaseline Spray and GoAloe Fresh. You may also use our Brazil Bronze Tan Extender lotion after the 2ndday to prolong the life of your tan.
I am pregnant or currently breastfeeding, can I still get a spray tan?
- The active ingredient in spray tan solution is Dihydroxyacetone (DHA). Brazil Bronze solutions are produced with the highest quality DHA and are infused with natural ingredients. These solutions are water based and have no fragrance or odor. They have been safety tested in the US, EU and South America. All Brazil Bronze spray tan solutions are paraben free, peanut free, phthalate free, sulfate free, cruelty free, gluten free and vegan. Currently, there is no clear evidence on the affects inhaling DHA can have on your baby-to-be however it is within our standard regiment to use an air extraction fan which is designed to whisk away overspray from tan specialist and client to ensure pure, uncontaminated air. We also recommend wearing a face mask during your service. Although it is considered safe and numerous pregnant clients have been sprayed, we recommend speaking to your doctor beforehand.
If you are breastfeeding, we recommend wearing an elastic bandeau bra which can be found at major department stores.
Will I turn orange? Or look like the cast of Jersey Shore?
People look orange if:
Too much DHA is applied. Allow your technician to guide you towards a color choice that is right for your skin tone and you willl not look orange - you will look natural and healthy.
Certain medications can cause a tan to look orange. ie: hormone medication.
If you have a reddish skin tone, you should be sprayed lighter or less than the average coats.
Do's and Don'ts
- Do not use abrasive products on the skin (no exfoliating of any kind) during the life of your tan (approx 7 days).
Do not wax after a spray tan. It will result in taking your tan off however you may get a Brazilian wax BEFORE a spray tan but be sure to wear a disposable thong during tanning session.
Swimming and soaking in pools, hot tubs, and saltwater dry out your skin and shorten the life of your tan. We recommend using a sunblock lotion regularly to act as a barrier while in water (Hempz Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 available for purchase in-studio).
Do your mani/pedis BEFORE your spray tan.
Brazil Bronze solution is not a sunblock, please always apply sun protection with your tan.
If you notice the tan fading in certain areas — usually the feet, underarms, hands, and face — apply Brazil Bronze Anti-Aging Face Mist and Tanning Mousse (available for purchase in-studio). A perfectionist may want to take a makeup sponge and dab the self-tanner on the tops of the feet and hands, blending well between the toes and fingers.
Brazil Bronze cannot guarantee removal of solution out of all material however spray tan washes out of cotton (bed sheets, loose clothing etc.)
What does radiant studios provide during my spray tan?
We provide disposable hair nets, thongs, bikini briefs (for men), and toe-thong pedicure slippers. If you have plans immediately after your spray tan, bring sandals and a sweater because you will leave bra-less.
What to bring if it is raining
Bring an umbrella, socks, shoes, loose long pants and long sleeve shirt.